There’s so much that we weren’t told and now know.
The Dadsnet Community recently shared all the things they weren’t warned about before stepping into fatherhood. With well over a 100 comments made – it would seem that there’s a hell of a lot Dads weren’t warned about!
We gathered the best (and actually printable) comments below to give you guys: 10 Things They Didn’t Warn You About Before Becoming A Dad.
10. Every so often, you won’t feel good enough as a father, partner and rock.
9. Sex would become one of the hardest things to achieve.
8. The Poo-nami.
Just remember, baby vests can be taken off by pulling the neck wide and taking it down over the body instead of up over the head. And don’t be afraid to just cut it off with a pair of scissors.
7. That it’s the best feeling when they cry and it’s you they want above anyone else.
6. No one ever warns you about Post Natal Depression and the signs.
5. That you can no longer watch movies about kids being lost, kidnapped or dying, because it is just too raw and uncomfortable.
4. Bathrooms are no longer private.
3. How annoying car seats can be.
2. The number of times you will say the word ‘no’ in the first 3 years of your child’s life.
1. Suddenly realising that all of it, everything…is not about you any more.
Your purpose now on this Earth is to do everything you possibly can for the tiny dribbling person that keeps you awake at night. You are no longer an individual in your own right – you are a Dad!