The Dad Network Limited, who runs the website TheDadsNet.com, respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it.
- what we may collect
- why we collect it
- how we collect it and how it may be used
- how we may share it
- how long we keep your data
- your rights and choices about the data we collect
- how we keep it safe and secure
The Dad Network Limited Limited will be referred to in this policy as “we“, “us” or “our” and TheDadsNet.comwill be referred to as “website“.
What personal information we collect
The information you may give us
You may provide personal information to us such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to us by subscribing to TheDadsNet email newsletter or submitting a contact form.
Information we collect
We automatically collect certain anonymous information about your browsing behaviour to help us analyse the website and our service. For example, when you use the website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed or searched for, how long you visited, and the dates/times when you accessed the website. We also collect information about actions you take when using the website, such as links clicked.
Why we collect your personal information
We may use your personal information and data to enhance and personalise your experience and provide you with information and services that may be of interest to you.
For example, we may:
- send you our latest content by email, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting and that is relevant to you under legitimate interests.
- use the information we collect to enable us to administer the website, carry out analysis and improve the website.
How we collect and use your personal information
We may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their own privacy policies.
When you contact us via a contact form you may need to provide your email address. Where necessary, we will respond to you via email. We will not use your personal information for any other purposes.
When you register for TheDadsNet newsletter you need to provide your email address. We use your email to send you regular content updates, special offers or other information we think you will find interesting.
All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click.
If you no longer want to receive TheDadsNet newsletter, there is always an unsubscribe option in every email.
When you leave a comment, your name will appear on the site, but your email will not be shown. You can choose to leave a comment anonymously. Your email and IP addresses cannot be seen by us.
Comments left on the website may be used in later research or in other articles on the website.
We may use session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted. We also use traffic log cookies to see which pages are being used, which helps us improve our website. We only use this for statistical analysis and then the data is removed from the system.
The cookies cannot get access to your device or provide any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. You can modify or delete cookies in your browser settings, however, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of this website.
To learn more about cookies, see the following websites:
Tracking and analytics
We may use Google Analytics and tracking tools to collect anonymised data that cannot identify you but enables us to improve our website and deliver relevant and useful content to you. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured. You can opt out of Google Analytics by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the website. If you click on a link to an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions. This will not cost you any extra.
The Dad Network Limited is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you visited the other website.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications or services. This list may be amended from time to time in the website’s sole discretion.
Who we share your data with
We keep all your personal information confidential.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, are required to do so by law, or must in connection with legal proceedings.
We may also share anonymous aggregated data use with others, but will not include any personal information that could identify you. This is provided for marketing, advertising or other uses. For example, this may be analytics or information collected from cookies.
How long we retain your data
If you have not used our services for a reasonable amount of time, we may contact you to ensure you are still happy to receive communications. We may also delete your personal information.
Even if we delete your personal information, it may remain on a back-up or in archives.
Please refer to other third-party applications or services used by this website for further details on their data retention policies.
What rights you have over your data
You have rights to your own personal information:
- Opt-out – At any time, you may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us by email to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access – You may request to access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to us.
- Amend – If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data.
- Restrict – In certain circumstances, you may request to limit the way we can use your personal information.
- Data portability – You can ask that we move, copy or transfer your personal information.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
If you have made a complaint and are not happy with our response you have the right to refer your complaint to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk/.
How we store and protect your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Although we do as much as we can to keep your data safe, information shared via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Use of children’s personal information
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about or related to children under the age of 18. If we are aware that a child has submitted their personal information, we will remove their personal data from our records.
General Terms and Conditions
- The Dad Network Limited reserves the right to prevent usage of this site for any misuse of the contents contained within this website in any manner. The Dad Network Limited has the final say as to what shall constitute misuse and its decision will be final.
- We reserve the right to make changes to this site, the disclaimers and these terms and conditions at any time.
- You must be eighteen years old to use this site. If you are under eighteen, you may only use the site in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, a parent or guardian. If you do not qualify, please do not use the site.
- You must not use TheDadsNet in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website.
- You certify that all details you provide to TheDadsNet for subscription purposes are correct to the best of your knowledge.
- If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform TheDadsNet as soon as possible.
- If you choose to register for the TheDadsNet Forum, you must choose a username and password. You are responsible for all actions taken under that username and password and shall only use the Site under your own username and password. You must make every effort to keep your password safe and should not disclose it to anyone. If it is compromised, you must change it. You may not transfer or sell your username to anyone, nor permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone to use your username or password.
- Contacting TheDadsNet through email over anything on this site is welcome. However, note that inappropriate or insulting comments may be ignored. Any personal remarks or attacks may be ignored. The same holds true for off-topic comments. The Dad network Limited is not responsible for the content in comments or other online content that the site may link to. Any offensive material may be passed, as appropriate, to a third party for action.
- You agree that e-mail can be used as a means of communication for all correspondence with The Dad Network Limited.
- The Dad Network Limited shall be entitled to surrender, assign and delegate all or any of its rights and obligations in terms of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices to any third party.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless The Dad Network Limited and its organisers and sponsors from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of TheDadsNet (or any site linked to from TheDadsNet), or your violation of this Agreement.
- TheDadsNet may include contextual links to other sites operated by third parties. These are provided as a means of convenient access to you to the information/opinion contained therein. The Dad Network Limited is in no way responsible for, and cannot guarantee the accuracy of, the content of any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through those sites.
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information accessible through TheDadsNet is accurate, we do not warrant its completeness or correctness; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
- No legal responsibility is accepted for any errors, omissions or misleading statements. The Dad network Limited will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as possible after being notified of them.
- To the maximum extent allowed by law The Dad Network Limited is providing this site and its contents on an “As Is” basis and makes no representations, warranties, statements, guarantees or conditions of any kind, with respect to this site, the information, content or materials included within, or your personal information or material transmitted over our system.
- TheDadsNet is published by The Dad Network Limited and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. Restrictions apply to web site design, text, graphics, typographical arrangement, and all other material on this site. Unless otherwise stated, the following copyright statement applies to material found on this site.
- Permitted Use (you are allowed to):
- Access the material for viewing and to download the material onto electronic, optical or similar storage media for caching purposes only.
- Restricted Use (you are not allowed to):
- Republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- Sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material on the website.
- Copy, distribute or publish any of the material taken from this website.
- Edit or otherwise modify any material on the website.
- Redistribute material from this website [except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution].
- Any other use of the material requires the formal permission of The Dad Network Limited.
- Any use of materials on TheDadsNet, modification, distribution or republication without the prior written permission of The Dad Network Limited is prohibited.
- The Dad Network Limited reserve the right to restrict access to areas of TheDadsNet, or indeed the whole website, at any time.
- If The Dad Network Limited provides you with a username and password to enable access to restricted areas of TheDadsNet or other content or services, you must ensure that that username and password is kept confidential. You accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your username or password.
- The Dad Network Limited may disable your username and password at any time if you breach any of the policies or terms governing your use of TheDadsNet.
Services & Advice
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided TheDadsNet, the individuals and organisations that have provided this information to us exclude their liability for any expense, loss or damage (to the maximum extent permitted by law) including but not limited to indirect or consequential losses as a result of you using this service or relying on its content.
- TheDadsNet is not able to recommend or endorse any of the providers listed. You should always check the details of services with providers themselves and ensure that you are satisfied with their services and that they meet your requirements.
- You should always carry out your own research and/or take specific professional advice before undertaking any legal or medical action.
- If you find information which you believe is inaccurate or inappropriate or have concerns about a provider included here please email email@example.com
Community area use
- The Dad Network Limited does not claim ownership to your user content. By posting or submitting user content to TheDadsNet, you grant The Dad Network Limited the non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide right to use, transmit, reproduce, sub-license, create derivative works from, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed, and promote the content in any form, anywhere and for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for all content you submit to TheDadsNet.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless against any claim or action brought by third parties, arising out of or in connection with any information posted by you on TheDadsNet, including the violation of their privacy or intellectual property rights.
- You acknowledge that any information you post on TheDadsNet may be published and agree that it can be displayed for any length of time we consider suitable and that the content may be syndicated to other The Dad Network Limited publications where appropriate.
- The views and opinions expressed here represent those of the contributor and not those of the people, institutions or organizations that they may or may not be related unless stated explicitly.
- Any view or opinion expressed on this site by a contributor to the website and/or the forum does not necessarily reflect that of the views and opinions of The Dad Network Limited. It also does not necessarily represent the common view of all the people subscribed to TheDadsNet.
- As a subscriber to this site, you agree not to:
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any content that is illegal.
- Invade another user’s privacy. This includes revealing another user’s password, phone number, address or any other personally identifiable information.
- Make personal attacks against other members or create member names, or post or send messages that denigrate, threaten, abuse or harm others on the basis of race, culture, religion, sexual orientation, nationality or gender.
- Use excessive profanity.
- Harass, stalk or send unwanted messages.
- Transmit, solicit or post extremely sexually explicit content or material that is adult in nature.
- Impersonate another user or staff.
- Promote violence, terrorism or extremism.
- Post or send messages that tell other members how to potentially harm themselves or others.
- Transmit unsolicited messages that advertise or link to businesses, sites, programs or other unauthorized commercial ventures. This includes junk mail, spam, bulk mailings, unauthorized promotional materials and pyramid schemes.
- Forge headers or otherwise change identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through our service.
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any content that they do not have a right to transmit under any law or contractual relationship. This includes proprietary and confidential information learned as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements and any other inside information.
- Transmit anything that violates any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights of another party.
- Upload, post, email, fax or otherwise transmit material that contains software viruses or any other code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or equipment.
- Interfere with the site’s servers or networks, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to TheDadsNet.
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- The Dad Network Limited reserve the right to edit or remove any material posted to TheDadsNet.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws and exclusive jurisdiction of England.
- Any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of England in respect of any disputes arising in connection with the website, or any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices or any matter related to or in connection therewith.
- All provisions of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices are, notwithstanding the manner in which they have been grouped together or linked grammatically, severable from each other. Any provision of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices, which is or becomes unenforceable in whole or in part, in any jurisdiction by any competent authority, whether due to voidness, invalidity, illegality, unlawfulness or for any reason whatever, shall, in such jurisdiction only and only to the extent that it is so unenforceable, be treated as pro non scrip to and the remaining provisions of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices shall remain in full force and effect
Competition & Award Terms and Conditions
- Employees and contractors (and their respective families) of The Dad Network Ltd or the competition partner(s) (including any group companies) are not eligible to enter.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries which are lost, corrupted, incomplete or for any failure to capture entry information. Use of false details will result in disqualification. The entry must be made by the person or company entering the competition or award – entries sent through third parties, agencies or by automated means (such as scripts and macros) will not be accepted.
- Entries for competitions and awards must be received by the stated closing date. All entries received after this date will not be counted.
- To enter a Competition or award you must be 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entrants are required to meet the Entry Criteria but otherwise, no other purchase is necessary.
- It is the responsibility of entrants to notify The Dad Network Ltd of any change of contact details. Proof of identity may be required.
- The closing date is as specified in each competition, and The Dad Network Ltd reserves the right to amend the competition and award end date at any time.
- The winners of competitions and awards may be announced on the website.
- Competition winners must come forward to claim their prize. In the event of a prize going unclaimed for more than 28 days after notification, The Dad Network Ltd may, at its discretion, declare the prize unclaimed and no longer valid, and draw a new winner. An unclaimed Prize may not be awarded.
- The prize is not transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, The Dad Network Ltd reserves the right to offer an alternative prize. The payment of all costs and expenses involved in claiming a Prize are the responsibility of the winner(s).
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- The Dad Network Ltd does not endorse any Prize supplied by a third party nor does it endorse the third party supplier. The Prize will only be delivered to addresses within the UK. The Dad Network Ltd is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied by any third party connected with this competition.
- Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions as final and binding. Entries which are not in accordance with the terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- Products entered into the awards must be sent to a specific location on a specific date. This will be communicated via email. Late products will not be included in the award judging.
- By entering this competition, you will be added to The Dad Network Ltd database and indicate your consent to receiving general communications from The Dad Network Ltd from time to time.
- Data may be shared with the partnering company of the giveaway you enter. This data may be used to add you to a mailing list or to be contacted asking permission to hold your data. The Dad Network Ltd only partners with companies it trusts with your data.
- Any omission to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right or remedy under these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver by The Dad Network Ltd of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- The Dad Network Ltd reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the prize draw at any time (and for any reason) without notice.
- The Dad Network Ltd shall not be responsible for damages, losses or liabilities of any kind, including without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages arising out of or in relation to the prize draw. Nothing in this condition shall limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury as a result of The Dad Network Ltd’s negligence.
- The Dad Network Ltd’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition and awards will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- TheDadsNet.com is a free to access website. In order to offset the costs of running this site, we accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, affiliates and other forms of compensation.
- This site abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion, and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made on this site. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
- The Dad Network Limited is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) & authors of this site receive compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest, authentic opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this site are purely the author’s own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- The owner of this website is The Dad Network Limited whose details are:Company Name: The Dad Network LimitedRegistration Number: Registered Company Limited by Guarantee Company No 10006960 Registered Address: 8b Lonsdale Gardens, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 9AR Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org