Jobs

Home Forums Off Topic Jobs

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Al Ferguson 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

David Hendy
    Participant

What job do you do?

Iā€™m an in-house web developer for a procurement company in South Wales. It has its ups and downs, but hugely rewarding knowing the products you create help churches and charities save money on necessary spends and can pump that money back into their communities!

Why do you don what you do?

Dan Allison
    Participant

Electrical contracts manager.

Came off the tools a couple of years ago. Now office based. Trained during and straight from school.

Now manage some of the guys that trained me through my apprenticeship. Enjoy my work and have a great boss!

Rhys32
    Participant

Mad Scientist šŸ˜…
    Present interactive science workshops and activities for primary school kids.

Every day has its own challenges. Super fun though!

Rhys32
    Participant

Do you miss being hands on and on the tools @danallison?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Rhys32.

Graeme Crawford

I’m a Shift Leader in a retail store, I do it purely to pay the bills

Jordan Goodfellow
    Participant

Shift manager in a super market, same as above just do it to pay the bills šŸ™„

Declan Harvey
    Participant

I’m a Senior Support Worker. Have half the week at home and half away. Have the long shifts and the fact I dont see the kids everyday. But it pays bills.

13 hour shifts are the killer though.

Assistant Restaurant Manager.

Been in hospitality since I left school, slowly working my way up the food chain (totally intended that pun)

Love my job, but makes it hard with the family as its long days, late nights and work pretty much all the major holidays.

Kevin
    Participant

Reservations Supervisor for a hotel chain in Las Vegas, NV

Luke Mayhew
    Participant

Secondary school history teacher (booooooooo!)

Ended up here after being an archaeologist then business consultant and ended up becoming a teacher in 2004.

Rhys32
    Participant

… and the rest is history šŸ˜Ž

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please Log In or Register to continue.