not sure what to do

Home Forums The DadsNet Forum not sure what to do

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

trying123
      Participant

hi all, new to this. I’ve 2 kids, aged 13 and 11. I’ve not been with their mum for almost 10years. I feel recently things have slowly gotten worse. I feel as if they treat me more like an older brother or uncle and not a father and only see me as a bank or mode of transport to take them places. I try my best for them but there times they go home and tell her stuff from my house, like saying they weren’t allowed to go to the park, which was a lie. they also said they were scared to ask me for money but I’m sure that’s come from their mum. I pay her money every week, always go half on school uniform and take them on days out when I can. and she has a history of lying frequently. I think they seem to think if theres something happens at my house, they can go and tell her and she will solve it. like a time my daughter didn’t like the time I told her to go to bed during their overnight stay, and she texted her mum, and then she phoned my to say the bedtime was 2 early! I don’t share my opinions on how their mum parents them, even though theres stuff I don’t agree with.. sorry I know that’s a bit waffley, but any advice would be helpful!
      thanks.

Sean Reece-Smith
      Participant

Sorry for your situation it’s got to be tough.

What’s your relationship with your ex like? The best opinion I think I can give is to talk. Either to the kids and explain to them your point of view, and / or your ex. You may not be together but you’re raising the kids together and for me the kids shouldn’t be weaponised. Don’t have a hostile discussion though.

Essentially how can your kids / ex know there’s something wrong if you don’t tell them?

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please Log In or Register to continue.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!