Single dad dating, advice!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert Fayers
      Participant

So I’ve been dating someone for 4 months now, it’s going pretty well. However my daughter is 4 and since her birth I have had her every weekend without fail. Since me and the partner started dating we have changed the routine slightly so I have every other Saturday night and Sunday without my daughter so myself and partner can spend time together.

We have been talking about doing the odd weekend away next year so we can go on a few breaks and save our holiday days at work. The issue I have is I feel so bad about missing the weekend with my daughter that I just can’t seem to feel excited about them, I want to do them but I just feel bad!

This is obviously putting the strain on my partner and she feels bad for asking and thinks she isn’t enough and I don’t know what to say, as I want to do the weekends away, but still feel bad bout loosing the daughter time!

Has anyone felt similar?!

Robert Fayers
      Participant

Every other Saturday night*** and Sunday!

Joe Burrows
      Participant

I’m new to dad’s network and being single after 16 years with my ex and two brilliant sons are the out come. Plan ahead I would say say you wanna.go.away Easter but that’s the week you have the kids, offer your ex a weekend or week that is special to them. But yeh apart from.that it’s hard to do constant weekends away that clash with your agreed schedule.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.