Thinking about walking away

Home Forums The DadsNet Forum Thinking about walking away

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am looking for some feedback and advice, please. My daughter is 8 years old. After 8 years of very clever, calculated and gradual parental alienation, too many unrealistic demands, and constant stress caused by her narcissistic mother, I am considering walking away for good. Or at least until my daughter is old enough to decide for herself if she would like to see me again.

I would continue to pay child maintenance, but I’d have to accept that I will not see my daughter for, potentially, many years. This is obviously a massive decision to make and one that has come about because of constant daily stress. I am married now and have a very young son. Due to the stress caused by my daughter’s mother, I am afraid my marriage will eventually collapse and the relationship with my son will also suffer.

I have been to the courts to try to sort this out, but as you’re all well aware, they are not on my side despite the fact I have proven that her mother is mentally unstable. I have always been the best father I can be, but nothing is good enough. I am extremely worried about the quality of my daughter’s future, living with a mother with obvious mental illness issues, but after fighting for her in court and losing, I need to get away and start enjoying my life again after 8 very long years that have seen my health deteriorate irreparably.

Has anyone else gone through this, or is anyone else considering doing the same thing?

Regards
      John

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please Log In or Register to continue.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!