- 04/06/2018 at 10:39 am #13469
Welcome all to The DadsNet forum, please post introduction messages here.
- 06/08/2018 at 4:35 pm #14040Graeme CrawfordParticipant
Hey, I’m Graeme
Dad to Poppy whos almost 3 going on 33, From not so sunny Scotland
- 06/08/2018 at 6:07 pm #14041HuwParticipant
Hi I’m Huw and I’m an alcoholic…
Oh damn this isn’t AA.
I’m 37 and dad to Esmé currently 3 going in thirteen ?
- 08/08/2018 at 1:47 pm #14094
For a moment there, I thought you were opening up… haha!
- 06/08/2018 at 11:07 pm #14046DuncanModerator
I’m Duncan dad to Andrew 4 and Findlay 1. Living in bonnie Scotland.
- 07/08/2018 at 12:03 pm #14053GrahamModerator
Hi, I’m Graham
I’m 38 and dad to Ari, 2 and soon to be dad to a new arrival due sometime between mid-September and mid-October. Living in North London/Hertfordshire borders.
EDIT: Now a dad to two – a 2 (ish) year old boy and a one month old baby girl :)
- 07/08/2018 at 7:12 pm #14067Danny GrahamParticipant
I’m Danny. 28 years old, married and I have a little boy called Noah who’s 6 years old. I live near Middlesbrough.
- 08/08/2018 at 9:23 am #14079Dominic HayhoeMember
Dad to two girls 7 and 10, going on 17 living in Sunny Wiltshire!
- 08/08/2018 at 9:43 am #14084
Andy, Dad to 2 girls aged 4 and just under 2 and make regular trips to the pretend hairdressers!!!!
- 10/08/2018 at 12:55 pm #14178Hein TraagParticipant
Hein here. You all know me. Some might.. some might deny the fact they know me ;)
Two monkey age 5 and 8 at this moment, living in the Netherlands.
- 10/08/2018 at 1:02 pm #14184WarrenParticipant
Hi everyone! I’m Warren, dad of 2, soon to be 3 girls (currently 3 days overdue whilst typing this).
Based in Somerset! ?
- 10/08/2018 at 2:56 pm #14196Ben brooksParticipant
Hi I’m Ben 25 with Oliver nearly 3 and Luna 18 weeks
- 10/08/2018 at 4:58 pm #14203Dafydd Elgan OwenParticipant
Hi I’m Elgan, Dad to Rhiannon (8) and Llywelyn (4) and I am the local leader for the North Wales group.
- 28/08/2018 at 10:09 pm #14329James ChildParticipant
Hi I’m James although have always resented my parents choosing a name that’s hard to shorten or get a nickname from! My two are Isaac (6) and Chloe (4) and I live just outside Southampton; originally from Yorkshire but moved South for love and better weather…
- 28/08/2018 at 10:14 pm #14332martinParticipant
Hi Martin here, father of my near 4 year old son Freddy. proud member of TheDadsNet community.
- 19/09/2018 at 9:32 pm #18316
- 29/08/2018 at 12:35 am #14357Mike TowersParticipant
Mike here from north London – proud father of 2 1/2 year old Theo.
Forum member for the past, um, 30 seconds or so?
- 04/09/2018 at 3:45 pm #14417
I’m Simon, Admin and Programmer involved in building and maintaining The Dadsnet new website! Also foster-dad to Tyla (17).
- 05/09/2018 at 9:01 pm #14460Dan AllisonParticipant
Dan here from sunny Suffolk.
Two girls, Dawn 7 and Jenny who just turned 5. Being youngest in year 1.
- 07/09/2018 at 2:57 pm #17553Scott Moore – The Voice Of A FatherParticipant
Hey hey hey,
Names Scotty, my boy’s Ayden and he’s pretty awesome if you ask me.
I want to say he’s 3 today, but that’s only good for another 3 minutes, so born 2015!
Representing the Aussie dads, working full time as a Restaurant Manager.
- 13/09/2018 at 9:18 pm #17711Graeme CrawfordParticipant
- 13/09/2018 at 9:31 pm #17732Dan GrosvenorParticipant
Hi, I’m Dan,
29 years old. Dad to 1 1/2 kids ;) Live on the Isle of Wight!!! (Al’s favourite holiday destination!)
I’m a coffee roaster, working inside Feltham Young Offenders Institute!
- 13/09/2018 at 9:42 pm #17741AdrianParticipant
Dad of Sophia – 17 months. Actively reads the Dad Network Facebook group and gets involved when I have something thoughtful or insightful to say. Played in the Dad Network FC that time in Slough…
- 13/09/2018 at 9:58 pm #17752David HendyParticipant
Hi dads :) hope you’re all well!
- 13/09/2018 at 10:58 pm #17766Ebun FaturotiParticipant
Dad to Lucas 11, Ellie 10 (in a week or so) and Levi who is just 2.
Back in Kent (Dartford) after a couple of years living in Bristol.
- 13/09/2018 at 11:11 pm #17771Paul GodfreyParticipant
I’m Paul, Dadmin of the Norwich & Norfolk group.
I’m a dad to two beautiful girls, Charlotte, 3 and Sienna 1.
Also step dad to Ashton, 12 and Gracie 10.
- 14/09/2018 at 2:14 am #17784AnonymousInactive
Hi, I’m Sam. Dad to two kids, 4 and 1. From Michigan, USA.
- 14/09/2018 at 2:50 am #17788ErikParticipant
Hey everyone, my name is Erik from the dad’s group on Facebook. I have 3 kids as of now, two boys (6 and 3) also a daughter (2 October third), with another girl due at the end of October.
- 14/09/2018 at 11:57 am #17803ChrisParticipant
Hello everyone, I’m Chris.
My wife is expecting our first in January. Just found out this week it’s a boy. Excited but scared (or scared but excited) has been my feeling for the last 4 months since we found out.
- 15/09/2018 at 10:39 pm #17892Andrew BriggsParticipant
Hello I’m Andrew known as Chog to most people I know I’m 34 (be 35 next month)Dad to two girls Freyja aged 4 and Florence aged 22 months
- 15/09/2018 at 10:40 pm #17894Kirren SummersParticipant
Hi, I’m kirren,
I’m a 37 year old (444 month old) father of 2 –
Stepfather to a 17 year old transgender son, although he’ll always be MY son and father to a 12 year old daughter.
Recently married (not my children’s mum) and planning on a baby of our own soon.
Active (and fully paid up member) of TheDadsNet on the Facebook page and I cannot thank Al enough for creating a community of dads that support and love each other no matter what!
Glad to be here.
- 16/09/2018 at 7:59 pm #17907Luke MayhewParticipant
Hey all. I’m 39 and father to a lively, crazy two year old girl.
- 16/09/2018 at 8:00 pm #17909Graham Paul SimsParticipant
Graham from Preston here.
1 child Chloe 2 year old, and I run the Lancashire dadsnet page.
- 16/09/2018 at 8:28 pm #17919Rhys32Participant
Missed this thread so I’ve been on the inside for a little while. Good to be aboard.
Dad to Elan who’s
Based in South Wales, in the Wild West so gimme a shout if you’re ever down my way
- 16/09/2018 at 11:27 pm #17944Declan HarveyParticipant
Hi people, I’m Declan, 22. A dad to 1 year old twins Niamh and Ethan in Shropshire.
- 17/09/2018 at 3:50 pm #17999BenParticipant
Al told me to come here, so this is on him. 40 year old with a one year old. I may have met you at DadCon earlier this year but once the beer tasting started it all got a bit hazy.
- 17/09/2018 at 8:46 pm #18019AndyParticipant
*Waves* Hello, I’m Andy, Dad to almost 6 going on 15 year old Kate. Living in sunny Devon.
- 18/09/2018 at 2:14 pm #18168hfgParticipant
I’m henry, father to a nearly-eight-week-old daughter and brother to Al.
- 18/09/2018 at 7:50 pm #18232Steve wallParticipant
Hi, Steve. Dad to Zach (3) and Amelia (1)
- 19/09/2018 at 9:48 am #18290RichardParticipant
Anyone else tried to set a status on their profiles and get this error?
- 19/09/2018 at 10:09 am #18292
Hi Richard, your screenshot doesn’t seem to have worked. Is the error message short enough to type out, or can it be copied and pasted so I can have a look at it please? Many thanks
- 20/09/2018 at 10:57 am #18328RichardParticipant
The irony of my error report causing an error lol. I’m at work and can’t for thr life of me remember what it was other than it wouldn’t save status’s in your profile. I’ll try and force it again at home.
- 22/09/2018 at 8:49 pm #18460Iain DickParticipant
Evening everyone. Sorry to be tardy to the party!
I’m Iain, 30 years old – Dad to Joshua (6), Zoë (3) and Brodie (1)
Local Group Manager for DadsNet Local & Dadmin to Glasgow local group :D
- 23/09/2018 at 9:05 pm #18509Ash HumphriesParticipant
Hi all! I’m ash, 28 from swindon. dad to 2 little girls. Emilie who is 2 and Maisie who is 13 weeks old!
- 13/10/2018 at 7:52 am #19347David StarkieParticipant
I’m David, 33 from Colchester.
Some of you might remember me from the Facebook group. I’ve got a 3 year old, Chase.
- 27/10/2018 at 11:46 pm #19693Tom WoolsgroveParticipant
Hi im Tom i live in Lancashire.
Got 1 daughter aged 4. Currently sepatated from my wife but we are trying to put the family back together.
- 13/11/2018 at 10:05 pm #20011
I’m Dan, Dad to 3 boys and step Dad to one. Oldest is 10 youngest is 1 and a half.
Been on the facebook page for while, thought it was about time i joined the forum.
- 30/11/2018 at 11:35 pm #20340ThomasParticipant
Hi guys, new to the club. I think this is a great place to find like minded people. Hate Facebook, I do want to have access to friends online though, so here we go.
- 03/12/2018 at 8:46 pm #20398daveefarrParticipant
Technically I am a stepdad and stepgrandad but I think I have earnt my place here. Due to circumstances me and my wife are bringing up our grandson at the moment. We have done since he was born (he’s 5 now) and I am 50. Very tired but I love that boy as if he was my own flesh and blood! All goood with “mum” now and she sees him every other weekend but looks like the wife and I are in this for the long haul! Biological dad is not on the scene (nor is any of the biological grandads) and all this is good as their influence would not be positive! So it’s me playing the role of dad/grandad! Hence why he knows me as “Papa”!
- 08/12/2018 at 1:44 pm #20475KimParticipant
Hey i’m Kim. Dad of a 2 year old boy, and soon a girl =)
My wife is always on mumsnet so i figured there must be one for us as well right?
Well here it is!
- 08/12/2018 at 2:12 pm #20489
Yeah, mine used to be too.
But here it is; Dadsnet in all its glory. Where you from?
- 08/01/2019 at 7:14 pm #21176Stuart BaileyParticipant
I’m Stuart, 42 from Barking in Essex. I have been married for 20 years and have an amazing 7yr old son with learning disabilities.
- 08/01/2019 at 7:54 pm #21180Tom JenningsParticipant
Hi I’m Tom
Dad to Max 2.5 years.
Living in Chester,
- 08/01/2019 at 8:17 pm #21187Anthony DochertyParticipant
Hi, folks I’m Tony from Glasgow and dad to an 18 month old called Thea
- 08/01/2019 at 8:24 pm #21191steve bannatyneParticipant
Hi All, I’m Steve living in East Sussex, Dad to 2 boys 9 and 12. Eldest is now in high school and I’m now feeling old!
- 11/01/2019 at 6:52 am #21244
hi new dad to 3 month old stewart. I am from Scotland finally glad to sign upto dad’s net my wife uses mum’s net so why can’t I get advice also
So thanks and hey
- 11/01/2019 at 12:21 pm #21263
Ps I’m in Aberdeen if anyone else is
- 28/01/2019 at 2:29 pm #21609ThomasParticipant
My name is Tom and I will be expected my first child in March 2019. Looking forward to learning from you all.
- 01/02/2019 at 12:39 am #21689John InghamParticipant
I’m John, new to the site and dad to 5 month old Freddie.
29 year old northerner who lives in Leicester.
After recently being a shoulder to cry on I think somewhere like this is a great place to come for a bit of advice.
Men don’t open up enough about their problems, me included, and that needs to change.
Looking forward to getting involved.
- 10/03/2019 at 11:20 am #23526JoParticipant
Hi I’m Jo
Father of 6 year old twins.
Live in the midlands.
Keeping it a bit vague so I can be truly honest.
Have used Mumsnet in the past for tips and advice, good to see this started. How long has it been running?
- 11/03/2019 at 10:21 am #23549
Nice to e-meet you. Dadsnet has been running a few years but this forum is only a few months old. Twins! Good work. I’ve got 3 but different ages.
- 17/03/2019 at 7:50 pm #23769Mark BassettParticipant
Living in the West Midlands.
Soon to be first time Dad at the ripe old age of 48.
So thought I would join the group to pick up some info as required and have a little look around.
Currently 7 days over our due date…..
- 18/03/2019 at 9:13 pm #23790HandypeterParticipant
Hi everyone. Im Andy and have 3 wonderful kids who i would do anything for, all teenagers and still at home. Im in a loveless relationship and trying hard to get out!!
- 27/03/2019 at 11:25 pm #24362
Nice to e-meet.
What’s stopping you from leaving?
- 25/03/2019 at 3:51 pm #24164MarkHBParticipant
My name is Mark and I am 40 years old – Dad to Zachary (nearly 4) and Ariella (nearly 1).
Sadly my wife and I are currently separated and things maybe heading for the worst in terms of our actual separation but I am determined to ensure my kids are protected and get the best care possible.
- 27/03/2019 at 10:49 pm #24358Dan1Participant
Hi All.. I’m Dan father of one and have another on the way.
- 27/03/2019 at 11:25 pm #24360
Congrats and welcome. How old is your current one?
- 28/03/2019 at 10:44 pm #24414Katrina Jane CarterParticipant
Hi Dads! If you could spare a few minutes to my dissertation survey it would be greatly appreciated :)
Its about food shopping behaviour and takes less than 8 minutes!
Thank you in advance :)
- 11/04/2019 at 7:45 am #24797AnonymousInactive
Dad to 2 kids soon to be 3 also a grandad with 2 grandsons..
Big gap in childrens ages going through it all again after 20 years blimey i must be mad..
Hello anyway everyone pleased to meet you
- 24/04/2019 at 9:10 pm #25652RossParticipant
Hi just joined up I’ve got two children my little boy is now 2. And we just had a little girl three weeks ago. So getting used to very little sleep again after just getting used to a reasonable amount lol
- 27/04/2019 at 5:35 pm #25760AG5491Participant
Hi I am new to this blog. I need some advise.
- 27/04/2019 at 6:22 pm #25765
What advice? I’m all ears!
- 01/05/2019 at 11:52 am #25865DDP1268Participant
I’m “DDP1268”, sorry for such a rubbish tag but if I am to get stuck into any discussions here I need to be anonymous, and using a false name didn’t feel right!
I’m the dad of a lovely boy. It was good to see this website, I’ll have a good rummage and read some of the backposts.
I have no idea where DDP1268 came from. It sounds like a star wars droid name.
- 13/06/2019 at 10:05 am #26926TommyParticipant
OMG it’s taken me forever to manage to sign in. I think my mind is going lol.
Hi all, I’m Tommy, Dad of 8 kids, 7 at home. I live in Kent and have been with Dadsnet since the beginning. My kids range from 6 to 13 and if you ask the Mrs, she’ll say I’m a kid too. Hope to see you at Dadscon
- 13/06/2019 at 7:16 pm #26953
Welcome to the fourm Tommy. I’m gutted that I cant make it to dad con this year but hoping to attend next year!
- 13/06/2019 at 7:35 pm #26955TommyParticipant
Thanks Dan. Fingers crossed you can make next year. I’ve been to everyone so far. All been awesome in their own way
- 13/06/2019 at 8:10 pm #26957
I’m going to make sure I can go next year. Just creeped up on me bit too late this year, so cant get funds and time off work etc. To attend.
- 15/06/2019 at 9:31 pm #27013RobertParticipant
Hi all, I’m Robert and single father to a wonderful soon to be 5 year old boy.
I don’t really have much of an opportunity to socialise with other dads, I’m usually working or with the kid full time. Signed up today and made a post asking for advice but do plan to be a long term active member on here if I can help it.
- 25/06/2019 at 8:43 pm #27754AndyParticipant
Hi I’m Andy, I have a son (4 1/2) & a step son (4) both with the same name.
My partner & I have been together closing on 2 years & living together for close to a year.
I find being a step parent to be toughest job in the world.
- 27/06/2019 at 7:07 pm #27873
Welcome to the fourm!
- 13/08/2019 at 2:29 am #28639The Fatherhood StudyParticipant
The Fatherhood Study
Men, is your partner or wife pregnant? We invite you to participate in a university research study!
Participating in this study will help scientist understand men’s thoughts and feelings during their partner’s pregnancy and after the birth.
If you complete both surveys, you will be entered into a raffle to win 1 of 10 $100 Amazon gift cards.
Click on the link below to participate in the survey!
If you have questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 04/09/2019 at 10:00 pm #31215CameronParticipant
Hey there. Glad I finally looked for this site. I’m Charlie and we have a little 6 mos old boy who is the best little fella. I just finished a summer school holiday and it was harder than teaching teenagers in some ways. As much as I love the little guy, I’m struggling to accept that my old life is over forever. It is a very hard job. Can’t believe this is what most parents go through. Whoa! Respect.
- 04/09/2019 at 10:07 pm #31217
Hi Cameron, it’s tough, hey! Haha! You’re right – so many dads say that it’s a tough adjustment for them. Where about are you based? We have local communities of dads all around the UK so I’m sure they’ll be one near you.
- 18/09/2019 at 3:01 pm #34380CameronParticipant
Hey Al. Thanks for your reply. I’m in West Hampstead London. Is there a guide on here somewhere for where to find the groups?
- 09/10/2019 at 10:59 am #39296AnonymousInactive
I’m Adam, rugby fan and dad to 6 month old Edith (Edi) living on Herefordshire and Shropshire border.
Looking forward to speaking to lots of dad’s about dad stuff.
- 13/10/2019 at 7:48 pm #39794Mike DoveParticipant
I’m Mike. I’m an expecting father of a bouncing baby boy expected Feb. 21st 2020. I am from New Brunswick, Canada.
Looking forward to seeing what everyone has for advice.
- 31/10/2019 at 5:04 pm #42040Bradley BrittonParticipant
Hi fellow dad’s after listening to about 20 don’t tell your mum podcasts I’ve finally signed up. My name’s Bradley dad to Bella nice to see so many replies :)
- 03/11/2019 at 9:38 pm #42100
Welcome to the group! Have you also joined our closed facebook group?
- 31/10/2019 at 6:26 pm #42042
That’s me been here on dad’s net since my boy Stewart was three months. He’s just his first birthday and wow what a change and thanks for everyone’s posts and it’s helped me big time
- 06/11/2019 at 3:57 pm #42282
What a lovely message! Thanks Bry. Times goes fast, hey?
- 06/11/2019 at 3:43 pm #42278
just joined today. Had a look through the forums and its good to see a community for dads/dads – to be. I have 2 great kids both under the age of 10.
- 06/11/2019 at 3:57 pm #42280
HI Marc, How’s it going? Good to have you here – how did you find Dadsnet? Google?
- 07/11/2019 at 10:40 am #42448
did a quick google search. Found out through a cool article listing modern dad blogs and this one I saw has loads of content with a big community of dads/ dads -to be.
- 06/11/2019 at 3:59 pm #42308
Welcome Marc hope you find some of the topics helpful and you can add any hints or tip as I’m always hunting for tips ??
- 07/11/2019 at 10:48 am #42450
that is exactly why I’m here as well. Got my eyes on the ages page. Lots of cool tips I can use for my kids
- 16/11/2019 at 4:13 am #44024RichParticipant
Morning all. I’m Rich dad to a just turned 2yr old boy and 14 week old girl. From south yorkshire
- 17/11/2019 at 7:15 am #44043Mark HermannParticipant
I’m Mark in Manchester.
My ex and I divorced ten years ago, however she has recently passed away and I have returned to be single Dad to Oliver (21) and Millie (13).
Still recovering from the shock of my daughter spending £120 on her hair!!!!
Anyone else out there with teenagers, especially teenage daughters?
- 17/11/2019 at 9:48 am #44051
Hi Mark, I have a teenager – boy aged 15 – so I don’t have the expensive hair situation… haha! Thank goodness! Have you looked at the local Manchester Dadsnet group?
- 17/11/2019 at 10:07 pm #44061JackParticipant
I’m Jack, just joined tonight after the birth of our baby boy Jude, who is now 4 days old. Listened to the podcast all through my partners pregnancy thought it was time to get involved.
- 17/11/2019 at 10:11 pm #44063DanParticipant
Welcome to parenthood!
- 17/11/2019 at 10:18 pm #44065JackParticipant
Thanks Dan, loving every minute of it at the moment!
- 17/11/2019 at 10:27 pm #44067DanParticipant
Congratulations! Great new chapter in your life. Enjoy it mate. Time now passes at warp speed
- 04/12/2019 at 8:48 pm #52790Jacob O.Participant
Hello all! My wife and I are expecting our first child in April 2020!
Expecting a child is exciting but also puts your priorities and dreams into perspective. I have decided to follow a dream of mine and wanted to share it with you all. It is to write children’s book that convey meaningful messages for my child and others but also give back to charities. To learn more please visit my campaign site where I am raising money to bring this vision to life, igg.me/at/benefitbooks. So far we have raised enough to provide a family of 3 with eye exams!
All of the support would mean the world!
- 02/02/2020 at 9:35 am #112876David StarkieParticipant
It’s been a long time since I was involved over here – back when it began as The Dad Network. I’m not sure whether some of you will remember me, but I felt I should get involved again.
- 28/02/2020 at 9:12 pm #119881WorriedOneParticipant
I’ve been a long time stalker(<7 months) of this forum but first time posting.
We’re expecting in April and thought it would be a good time to get active.
Looking forward to gaining knowledge and learning from others.
The lack of sleep is scaring me slightly.
- 28/02/2020 at 11:21 pm #119888Andy BarnesParticipant
Welcome mate! First thing I’d say is try not to stress about it, easier said than done though I know!! Becoming a dad can be a very daunting experience (it was for me too), and I’d be lying if I said it was without challenges, but it’s so utterly rewarding that those challenges will pass before you know it.
Lack of sleep and rest can be tricky, it’s just important that you find a way that you and your partner can support each other and overcome it together. Sleeping when the baby sleeps will help you recharge, and try to ignore the urge to get other stuff done in these times if you’re struggling for rest.
If you haven’t already checked them out, the dadsnet Facebook group is an incredible resource if you have questions or need some help, so are the local groups!
You’ve got this! April will come in a blink of an eye, and you’ll look back and wonder what you were worried about! ?
- 15/03/2020 at 2:20 am #120718Dad101Participant
Hi all I’m dad101 from greater Manchester I have a daughter that’s now 15months old and another baby on the way I had to fight really hard to be a dad and I am keen to learn and share knowledge and experiences
- 15/04/2020 at 5:17 pm #122453vinocentoParticipant
I am new registered to the forum but been reading it for a while
french Dad of elliot 15 month
- 15/04/2020 at 5:54 pm #122455
Vinocento welcome to forum and hello to Elliot aswell, anything we can help with just ask. Hope your all safe and well
- 09/06/2020 at 9:39 am #129934sdrawkParticipant
Hi guys, I’m sdrawk.
I’m actually a member of the Facebook group but I’m tired of Facebook as a whole. Pretty happy that there’s a forum, so here I am.
I have a wife (I’ll call her Nemesis) with a 3 year-old boy (let’s call him MK) and a little one on the way (we just hit the 12 week mark).
- 13/08/2020 at 8:32 pm #133255JamesParticipant
Hey am new am a dad of 2. 1 of each my boy is 5 and my girl is 2 going on 92 haha.
- 01/10/2020 at 5:52 am #135556
- 12/11/2020 at 7:40 am #137465GoAssignmentHelpParticipant
- 28/02/2021 at 9:18 am #142776James MainwaringParticipant
New here and first post. Baby due in June. Boy or girl we don’t know yet. Based in the UK and I’m buzzing can’t wait. Just saying hello.
Have a good one.
- 04/03/2021 at 3:17 pm #142970Ian PParticipant
My name is Ian, and i’m due to be a Dad in June, to our first. I found the group through the podcast Don’t tell your mum, its brilliant!! I would really appreciate some advice.
I have successfully gained a place on a PE PGCE, starting in August, 3 months after our baby is born!!
TBH i am sh*tt*ing being a Dad, but extremely excited. The PGCE will put certain pressures on me and my family, which I’m not sure its fair to do – these are in no particular order!
1) Financial – I will only get certain loans and grants to help, which may (we’re still working through budgets) put a strain on us. TBH my wife has been saving like a trooper to cover her gap in maternity pay. I feel guilty as potentially doing this its not fair to her and will destroy the plans she’s had i.e. more time at home, using our savings for the baby and not to keep us afloat etc.
2) Family – There is going to be a lot of study in this course. My wife will need me and so will my baby. Is it fair that I do this? Will I miss out on special moments :-(
3) Mental health – I’ve suffered in the past with work related stress and am scared what this will do to me. If i do it, I feel there is no going back and I will have to carry on because I have a son and wife to look after!
So you’re prob a) switched off this, because the message is long b) thinking why the hell does he want to do this? Well
1) I want to give back and have a job where I actually feel valued – I don’t get that in my current industry and have tried to carve a career for 10 years, be happy and on a decent salary. Honestly I’ve tried so hard in my industry :-( :-( I’ve also wanted to do this for a very long time and actually been accepted at last. PE is an extremely competitive PGCE where you’re often in competition with 300 other candidates for a place on the course!
2) Its short term pain for long term gain – Within a year I should be back salary wise where I am now, I hopefully will be happy at work and ill be in an industry which is fairly secure. I would hope to climb the scale quicker as well
3) My wife is teacher, so in theory we would have exactly the same holidays! I have to take the same holidays as her anyway.
Thank you to anyone who replies x
- 17/03/2021 at 1:57 am #143655RileyParticipant
Hey I’m Riley. Dad to 5 boys, age 8, 6 year old twins, and 3 year old twins. Living in North Carolina, USA.
- 02/04/2021 at 12:13 pm #150561
- 22/05/2021 at 5:53 pm #159143OwainParticipant
Hi dad of 3 boys (5 and under) in Wales. Just thought id try and meet some other like minded people.
- 03/07/2021 at 11:44 pm #163194TomParticipant
Hey I’m Tom from the West Midlands, we have our first child on the way with the due date of December the 31st! 12 weeks scans now out the way we’ve let friends and family know (parents knew from 8 weeks). Found dadsnet from the brilliant Loose Dads podcast. Bit of a tech lover so i’ve already spent too much time reading up on various gadgets and nursery furniture. Handy that we’re in the middle of renovation most of the house so once we know the sex we can fully decorate.
- 04/07/2021 at 12:37 am #163199Andy BarnesParticipant
Welcome Tom! Where abouts in the Midlands are you?
- 27/08/2021 at 6:58 am #174644francescoParticipant
Been looking for a mumsnet equivalent since my daughter was born (she is now five y.o.) and
have posted on the dadsnet space within Mumsnet…
I think this site is looking quite healthy (not a deadzone like the above space)!
I look forward to posting and reading a few things… Better late than never :)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.