Halloween is only a couple of days away so why not give this spooky craft project a go!
This Halloween we are collaborating with Giggly to bring you amazing craft ideas to make with kids. From spooky alien biscuits, a ghost drawing masterclass, and some eggcup bat decorations, we have all of it covered on our Facebook page.
Go and check it out, but first, why not give this wonderful craft project a go!
To make spooky lanterns you will need:
- Crepe paper
- Clean jam jars
- Glue Stick
- Tea light
- Child safe scissors
- Marker pen (if you want to draw eyes)
- Cut out spooky shapes from the crepe paper, you could cut ghosts, pumpkins, bats you name it.
- Gently coat them in a thin layer of glue. Make sure to use a glue stick as PVA glue soaks through the delicate paper and causes it to go mushy. This also makes the craft activity less sticky which is a lifesaver when it comes to clean-up time.
- Stick the spooky shapes onto your jam jars
- Use a marker pen to colour in eyes, or you can just leave them as it is.
- Put the tea light into the jam jar, and you have a spooky lantern at your ready.
And there we have it! A super easy craft that everyone can get involved with!
Leave them lit outside on your doorstep to let trick or treaters know that you are taking part in the Halloween fun.