Here at Dadsnet, we’ve been testing out the Stokke BEAT – the brand new stroller from the Scandinavian genius’, Stokke. And as we know from their flagship product, the Tripp Trapp, they seem only be able to produce incredibly well designed products.
So presumably, the Stokke BEAT will follow suit… We gave it to Dad of 2, Dean, to put it to the test.
Here’s what he thought:
It’s hard to find a pushchair that isn’t too big and bulky, whilst still feeling sturdy and like it will last the test of time. Not to mention when you throw a sleek and smart design into the mix of things you’re looking for.
But for me the Stokke BEAT stroller is so much more than just incredibly pleasing on the eye – it isn’t too bulky, and still feels sturdy.
As a parent you want your children to be as comfortable as possible when out and about, whether it be in the busy city or out in the countryside. And until now, we’ve struggled to find a stroller that our little one will just relax in and enjoy looking out at the world around him.
Let me show you what makes the Stokke BEAT the ultimate pushchair when comfort is concerned:
- Shock absorbers in the front wheels ensure a smooth ride over the little annoying bumps like lower curbs, raised bricks or tree roots!
- Adjustable seat positions; being able to adjust the position your child is in from upright to laying flat is a must! Together with the two footrest position, it’s a game changer!
- The Extendable canopy is the ultimate sun protection for your little one; especially to nap with ease and with a zip to extend for a little extra coverage from the sun light and noise.
- The Padded 5-point harness for safety and easy access to your baby is crucial but this one is so well padded, it’s not uncomfortable. Safety & comfort? Oh yes!
We all know that your children’s comfort is so important but you also need to take in to consideration how will the stroller be for you as a parent. After all, you’re the one who will be pushing it round constantly trying to get them to sleep…
So you need to think of various aspects, for example, will it take up loads of space? Is it too heavy? Is it practical around narrow spaces?
Don’t panic, I have the answers for the Stokke BEAT.
- It’s only 21 inches wide so the Beat has a nice narrow footprint allowing you to navigate through the narrow spaces like getting on the tube, through gates, doorways or meandering around the shops.
- It’s Lightweight only weighing an incredible 20lbs. The BEAT is on of the best choices if you are looking protect your back when lugging it up and down steps or in and out of the boot.
- It has an Extra large shopping basket and let’s face it, we always buy more than we need when we ‘pop’ to the shop. But the BEAT has you covered with a great 10kg basket underneath.
- One hand folding whether the seat is parent facing or forward facing is amazing. You can simple fold it up using just one hand meaning you can carry on texting, drinking your coffee or waving at your mate whilst folding it down. Oh, or holding your kid…
To conclude, if you are looking for a smooth, stylish and durable stroller with incredible comfort, an easy fold, a large basket that will also adapt to your busy family life and lift in and out the car easily, the answer is the Stokke BEAT.
A huge thumbs up from this Dad!