New research has revealed the world’s most popular Disney tattoos, from Alice in Wonderland to Mickey Mouse to Lilo & Stitch to Peter Pan.
Children’s toy company, Play Like Mum, uncovered the characters that the biggest Disney fans are inking themselves with in honour of their favourite famous films.
They used Instagram hashtags to track the popularity of various characters.
Alice in Wonderland tattoos had a HUGE 80,000 hashtags attached to it, making it the top Disney tattoo choice by a long way.
Here are the top 10 most popular Disney tattoos:
- Alice in Wonderland – 80,003 Hashtags
- The Lion King – 26,908 Hashtags
- Mickey Mouse – 24,058 Hashtags
- Little Mermaid – 22,478 Hashtags
- Lilo and Stitch – 20,778 Hashtags
- Peter Pan – 18,353 Hashtags
- Beauty and the Beast – 15,114 Hashtags
- Sleeping Beauty – 8,561 Hashtags
- Snow White – 8,063 Hashtags
- Minnie Mouse – 7,281 Hashtags
Play Like Mum said: “Several lists of Disney Characters were combined to make our original source list.
“We then searched Instagram for hashtags relating to each of the most popular characters and films to see which have the most images.
“Characters were grouped where they are typically seen as a pair, for example Beauty and the Beast.
“Only animated films were included, and characters that exist outside of the Disney universe were excluded (such as Zeus who is part of wider mythology) in order to avoid the results being skewed by non-Disney related tattoos.
“We also excluded a number of more minor characters from our original source list, as well as any hashtags with less than 50 results.”