No, you didn’t mis-read that…
To celebrate Father’s Day, we’ve partnered with the wonderful Lifecake to give 1 lucky dad a Canon DSLR & A PIXMA MG6850, to help capture precious memories of his family.
For those of you who don’t know, Lifecake is an APP that provides a beautiful way to collate all your memories. And as all us parents know, everyday, there are hundreds of moments you wish you could keep forever. The Lifecake APP records how old your child is in the picture, the day it was taken etc and presents them in a timeline so you can flick through easily.
There are also loads of other features to the APP around sharing those photo’s with your family. If you have relatives around the country or even around the world and want to keep them updated with your family life, it’s easy to do so.
Plus, there are some really cool additions coming soon to the APP!
It’s definitely worth downloading and checking out.
Ok, so how are you gonna win this DSLR & Printer?
Well, as it’s Father’s Day, we want to show dads in their truest form. We want to find out how you would define being a dad, but through a photo. So here’s a step by step guide to entering the competition:
- Take a photo that, to you, defines being a dad.
- Share it with us on our Facebook competition post or Instagram account using the hashtag #definingdad
- Sit back and wait and see if you’re chosen!
What are you waiting for? Go and take a pic that defines being a dad and send it to us! Remember, #definingdad
Full Terms & Conditions:
Lifecake Father’s Day Photo Competition “Your definition of Dad”
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Participants provide a complete release of these channels in relation to this competition.
PROMOTER AND PARTICIPANTS
- The Promoters are The Dad Network Ltd. of 8 Lonsdale Gardens, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1NU and Lifecake Ltd., a Canon company of 91 Curtain Road, London EC2A 3BS, London (“Promoters”).
- All entrants (“Participants”) must be UK residents aged 18 or over.
- Employees of Promoters or Canon group companies or their subsidiary companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion and the sponsorship are not eligible to enter.
- By entering this competition, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
- Promoters will run a photo competition via their Facebook, Instagram and customer databases. The theme of the competition is “Your definition of Dad”. The Participant will be required to upload a photo via the social media accounts as stated below or by email as detailed in The Dad’s Network Facebook post. The most original, funny or heart-warming photo will be selected as the winner. One winner will be selected by the Dad Jury and will win a Canon EOS 1300D camera + 18-55mm III Lens and a Canon PIXMA MG6850 printer. The decision of the Dad Jury will be final.
- No purchase is necessary, it is free to enter this competition.
- Multiple entries/images are permitted and more than one image from any one entrant may be chosen for publication but prizes will be strictly limited to one per person.
- Incomplete, invalid or inappropriate entries, or entries received after the closing date of 22nd of June 2016 will not be eligible for publication or any prize.
- By submitting images to enter this competition, all entrants are deemed to have granted Promoters permission to use their images on Promoters’-owned social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Google+ and to use it in connection with this promotion without limitation (this may include future publication in reference to this promotion or a similar promotion).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- The Participant will be required to upload a photo to qualify for entry into the competition. The Participant can upload via the chosen social media channels as stated above, via the Facebook post on The Dad Network’s page or Instagram using the hashtag #definingdad or by email to email@example.com.
- All entries must be received between 15th June 2016 and by the end of 22nd June 2016.
- The photo must be original and taken by the Participant;
- The photo submitted by the Participant must not contain:
- i) recognizable persons, unless Participant can demonstrate that such persons have granted all the necessary permissions for the footage to be used and published by the Promoters under the terms and conditions of the Clause 9; or
- ii) works of art; unless Participant can demonstrate that Participant have been granted a licence to have such works of art used and published by the Promoters under the terms and conditions of the Clause 9 of these Ts and Cs or
iii) logos or brand names unless Participant can demonstrate that Participant have been granted a licence to have such logo or brand names used and published by Canon under the terms and conditions of the Clause 9 of these Ts and Cs ; or
- iv) image featuring nudity or anything which may be considered obscene, immoral or in any way inappropriate or illegal; or
- v) anything that may infringe the rights of any third party;
- You also agree to be contacted by the Promoters for the purposes of administrating the competition or in the event that the Promoters wishes to discuss any other use of the picture submitted to the competition.
- The Promoters reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible entries or which do otherwise not meet the above requirements.
- By submitting its entry Participantwarrants that:
– Participant is the sole author of the photograph;
– Participant is the owner of the proprietary rights in the photograph;
– the photograph and any element appearing in the photograph do not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party
– in the case where a person or person’s image appears in the photograph, Participant has obtained written permission from those person(s) for the Promoters to use their image(s) as described in these terms and conditions; and
– it is the responsibility of Participant to ensure that the relevant permission has been sought, model release forms have been satisfactorily completed and that copyright is not infringed.
Promoters warrants that:
– they shall act within the scope of the rights granted under these terms and conditions;
– Subject to the clause 9 Promoters reserve the right to re-post, display, reproduce or publish, or give permission to display reproduce or publish any entry without payment to the author of the photograph.
- The overall winner will receive Canon EOS 1300D camera + 18-55mm III Lens and a Canon PIXMA MG6850 printer.
- Promoters reserve the right to publish the name and town and county of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the competition. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise Promoters at time of being notified that they have won.
- The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the prize on offer. In the event that the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, Promoters reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The Prize will be posted to the winner within 60 days after the winner has been announced.
- Any rejected or unclaimed prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of Promoters.
- After the closing date, The Dad Network founder Al Ferguson and Lifecake Co-founder Ed Botterill will select the overall winner by 30th June 2016. Selection will be based on a unanimous favourite and their decision will be final.
- The results of the competition will be published on Promoters’ social media channels by the 01st July 2016.
- The Dad Network is the Data Controller for the purpose of Data Protection Act in respect of any personal data supplied by Participants. Any personal data submitted to us will be processed by Interpay Sales Promotions, IDA Business & Technology Park, Ring Road, Kilkenny, Ireland for the purpose of administering this Promotion and, if applicable, for marketing purposes – in cases when Participants have opted-in to receive marketing communication from Promoters and Canon. The personal data provided is held securely and may be transferred on a secure server outside the EEA.
25. Promoters reserve the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this competition.
- Promoters shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting Promoters liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
- In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the competition, the decision of the Directors of Promoters is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These terms and conditions and any disputes arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the UK courts.